Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code and not classified as a private foundation under Section 509(a) of the Code; or public agencies.
- For all program areas, be based in or managing significant activities in California.
- Work toward missions and project goals that are clearly aligned with the Foundation’s grantmaking priorities.
The Rosenberg Foundation does not provide grants:
- To individuals or to for-profit entities
- For general fundraising benefits and events
- For endowment campaigns