Over 350 Organizers, Advocates and Policy Leaders Gather in Los Angeles for One-Day Criminal Justice Reform Summit
Mobilizing to Win will chart concrete strategies to move California forward on justice reform
Los Angeles, CA — On Thursday, December 5, over 350 organizers, advocates and policy leaders will gather at the Sheraton Grand in Los Angeles for Mobilizing to Win: Justice and Freedom for All, a one-day criminal justice reform summit focused on lifting the voices of those directly impacted by the criminal justice system.
Together, attendees will chart concrete strategies to protect criminal justice reform victories achieved in California, and to achieve bold reform on critical issues, including: ending youth incarceration, fully restoring rights of formerly incarcerated and convicted people, stopping police violence and over policing, prosecutor accountability, ending the criminalization of women, girls and TGNC people, ensuring fine and fee justice and more.
The summit will conclude with a Homecoming Celebration to celebrate the many formerly incarcerated loved ones from across the state returning home to their communities.
Mobilizing to Win is co-hosted by Smart Justice, Anti-Recidivism Coalition, Californians for Safety and Justice, Essie Justice Group, Silicon Valley De-Bug, Young Women’s Freedom Center, Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights (CHIRLA), Initiate Justice, Alliance for Boys and Men of Color, Legal Services for Prisoners with Children, Re:Store Justice, California Immigrant Policy Center, Community Coalition, California Calls, Meadow Fund, The California Wellness Foundation, Heising-Simons Foundation, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, The California Endowment, Rosenberg Foundation and Akonadi Foundation.
WHAT: Mobilizing to Win: Justice and Freedom for All
WHEN: Thursday, December 5
9:00 a.m. Summit Opening
5:00 p.m. Homecoming Celebration
7:00 p.m. Summit Concludes
WHERE: Sheraton Grand
711 South Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA
WHO: Participants in the summit include:
- Senator Holly Mitchell
- Senator Nancy Skinner
- Assemblymember Reggie Jones-Sawyer
- Assemblymember Phil Ting
- Assemblymember Sydney Kamlager-Dove
- Adnan Khan, Re:Store Justice
- Alma Hernandez, SEIU California
- Anthony Thigpenn, California Calls
- Carmen Perez-Jordan, The Gathering for Justice
- Jay Jordan, Californians for Safety and Justice
- Marc Philpart, PolicyLink and Alliance for Boys and Men of Color
- Morning Star Gali, Restoring Justice for Indigenous Peoples
- Pastor Mike McBride, LIVE Free/Faith in Action
- Patrisse Cullors, Black Lives Matter, Dignity and Power Now, Reform L.A. Jails
- Rashad Robinson, Color of Change
- Robert Rooks, Alliance for Safety and Justice
- Taina Vargas-Edmond, Initiate Justice
Media interested in attending should RSVP to Layla Crater, firstname.lastname@example.org.